Frequently Asked Questions about Weddings!
We get so many questions about flowers for weddings that we thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of some of the most frequently asked ones for you as you begin your adventures in planning your wedding!
1. How far in advance do I need to book?
We usually recommend a minimum of 6-12 months but we can easily work within a shorter planning timeframe. We understand that due to COVID 19 many people are making last minute plans to have their wedding this year, so don't hesitate to get in touch with us no matter how close or far away your wedding is!
We recommend paying your 25% deposit as early as possible, since we only accept a limited number of wedding each weekend.
After your deposit is paid, we can easily sort through details on your order making any changes and revisions necessary. Nothing needs to be firmly set in stone until 6 weeks before your wedding day!
Are some flowers only available during some months of the year?
Yes, we are at the mercy of Mother Nature and weather conditions have a significant impact on availability of flowers.
For example, Peonies are only available for a few weeks in mid-Spring (most often April) but the specific availability often changes from year to year, depending on how cold the winter has been and how wet the early weeks of spring are.
Do you offer wedding packages?
Yep! We offer an amazing solution to save you time and money. Check out the details here.
Do you offer rental items or do I need to supply my own vases?
We currently offer some items for rent for your event. This is an ever growing list that currently includes: vases, compote dishes, candelabras, tropical plants and more.
There is a lot of variability when it comes to wedding flower prices. Most of our couples spend between $3500 – $7000 on their wedding flowers.
We suggest 10-15% of your total wedding budget but if you want florals to be a significant component of the experience for the day, we would recommend allocating closer to 25-30% of your total budget to flowers.
Where are you located?
Our floral design team is based mainly in Nashville, Tennessee in the Lockeland Springs Neighborhood. We coordinate flowers for couples getting married all across the Middle Tennessee area.
How do I schedule a consultation?
The first step with us in wedding flower planning is to submit an initial enquiry – we can then confirm for you whether we are available on this date.
From there, we will send you an online questionnaire as the first phase of our consultation process. This helps us to better understand your vision for your event, therefore have a more productive consultation meeting with you!
During COVID 19, we are holding our wedding flower design consultations through Zoom or Google Meet. Click here to see a bit more about the timeline of our wedding flower design process.
I live in a different state / overseas. Is that a problem?
No, not at all! We love our out of town floral clients! We manage all of our communication online – if you’re overseas we can easily coordinate over Zoom or manage everything over email.
Do I need a theme or vision for my day?
No, not at all.
We do suggest though that you do a little research about the types of flowers and designs you like – everyone’s tastes are different and there are hundreds of options when it comes to wedding flower design. Even one or two inspiration photos can point us all in the right direction.
You don’t need to have thought through every detail. We’re always happy to provide suggestions and options for ceremony and reception styling ideas as well. After all, that's what we're here for!
Will you deliver my flowers on the day?
Absolutely, we’ll deliver all your flowers personally. We’ll coordinate the time and location with you during the planning process.
Is there a minimum budget or spend?
We have a $1000 minimum for wedding flower budgets although most of our couples spend $5000-$7000 on the flowers for their wedding day.
Why don’t you recommend flat lay foliage?
All those beautifully styled photos of delicate foliage strewn ‘just so’ on a table – I know it’s got you dreaming of creating a similar effect for your date. And my guess is you’re assuming it’s a cheaper alternative to flowers.
Hate to burst your bubble, but a few things to know about flat lay foliage:
- most of the images you see on Pinterest are heavily styled photoshoots and not easily replicable in real life
- creating the same effect as those photos is REALLY EXPENSIVE because it’s (1) time consuming, (2) uses a lot of foliage and (3) the foliage is expensive.
- to give you an idea of $$$: let’s assume you have 90 guests, to be seated at 3 banquet tables. Each table seats 30 guests, measuring 9 meters in length. you want to run foliage from one end to the other. To do that, we need to allow about $330 in foliage for each table x 3 tables = $990 in foliage alone. Allowing 1 person 1 hour to do the set-up brings the total up to more than $1100.
- that’s a lot of money to spend on something that will not feature in any of your favorite photographs and end up in the bin at the end of the night.
Our recommendation is to go with something really simple and stunning:
- An abundance of candles – reinforces the romantic vibe of the evening. Oh and when we say abundance, we mean like 200 tea lights or 80 pillar candles and 120 tea lights. It’s beautiful! Check out this as inspiration.
- Delicate bud vases scattered down the centre of each banquet table – featuring a mix of premium blooms coordinating with the colour palette of your other florals. The best bit if your guests can take the flowers home at the end of the night! Check this out as inspiration. Or this one. (Consider adding in candles for extra romance.)